Ayurveda is a holistic system of medicine that works to treat ailments at their source point.
It mainly provides two types of care which are –
1. Shamana Chikitsa: – It involves the utilization of herbal medicines to reduce the effects of illness.
2. Shodhana Chikitsa: – It refers to the cleansing of the body by using various methods in combination with Panchakarma.
According to Ayurvedic texts, ailments cured by Shodhana or Panchakarma therapy will never recur, on the other hand, conditions treated by Shamana therapy might recur.
In Ayurveda, What Panchakarma Actually Is?
In Ayurveda, Panchakarma is a specialized kind of treatment that is associated with the inner purification of the body through five specially designed procedures. The most important feature of this treatment is that it can deliver both prevention and cure for various health concerns. This is not just a bio-purifying remedy, it’s a comprehensive therapeutic development that can provide visible relief from many ailments.
The Types Of Procedures In Panchakarma: –
Here lie the types of procedures in Panchakarma, so let’s check them out before finding out an Ayurvedic clinic for full body massage near me –
- Vamana (Therapeutic Emesis).
- Virechana (Purgation Therapy).
- Vasti (Therapeutic Enema).
- Nasya (Errhine Therapy).
- Raktamokshana (Blood-letting).
The Form Of This Ayurvedic Treatment And How It Functions: –
In comparison to present-day medicine, the curing process of PanchakarmaAyurvedic treatment is quite different.
Since Ayurvedic entirely rests upon the vision of encouraging health and preventing illness rather than eliminating diseases. This mainly aims at keeping a healthy balance with the help of the three physiological forces of the body doshas, such as Vata, Pitta, and Kapha.
The stability of these forces ensures better fitness. In case it gets interrupted, toxins can get hoarded in the body, which will in turn lead to blockages of various body systems, including the digestive, circulatory, and nerve systems. It can also guide to ill health.
This form of a remedy can help to release the waste material that has gathered in the body and got clogged. With this process, once the toxin is removed, the body will regain its original strength and normal functions.
Process Of Panchakarma Therapy:-
Stage 1: Purvakarma.
In this form of panchakarma, it is much more essential to prepare the patient’s body first before the major-purification process for a good effect. Depending on this three measures are taken –
• Deepna-pachana, which means oral administration of digestive herbs to increase Agni (digestive fire) and liquefy toxins so that they can be readily removed from the body.
• Snehana, which means olating the body. It can be divided into two types, viz., internal and external.
• Swedana leads to sweating with steam. This is done by placing the herb in a chamber filled with smoke from the decoction. It dissociates toxins from the tissues and expels them through the pores of the skin along with sweat.
Stage 2: Pradhan Karma – Pradhan 5 Panchakarma Therapy.
- Vamana helps treat Kapha-dominant diseases and purification through emesis. It involves the administration of herbal medicines to reduce vomiting to eliminate toxins through the mouth.
- Virechana therapy is mainly beneficial for pitta disorders but is also effective for Kapha and Vata. It purifies by eliminating toxins by inducing controlled loose motion.
- Among the most popular herbal preparations used for Brichana is Avipatti powder or Avipathi Churnam. Both contribute to the comfortable completion of the Virechana method.
- Basti is the subject of all Panchakarma systems. It is excreted through the colon and rectum. There are two types of slums-
- Enema – medicinal oil enema.
- Asthapan – enema of decoction.
- Nasya can be done by inhaling medicated oil through the nose. The most commonly used oil for nasya karma is anu-thylam. It is easily inserted into the nostrils. Many patients use it daily at home. Raktamokshana is the removal of impure blood. This is done using leeches or direct venipuncture.
Stage 3: Paschat Karma.
It is a post-purification system to restore digestive power and bring normality to the body. This is done through specific diet, lifestyle management, regenerative medicine and specific herbal preparations. This partner-
• Sansarjan Karma.
• Administration of Rasayan.
• Shaman Chikitsa.
Benefits Of Panchakarma Therapy: –
- Releases toxin collection from the body.
- Rejuvenate the body, mind, and soul.
- It balances tridosha to maintain equilibrium in the body.
- Builds the digestion.
- It helps in delivering glowing skin.
Key Takeaway: –
Panchakarma is one of the most valuable gifts for us by Ayurveda. In case you are seeking long-term and permanent relief from your health-issues then this remedy will be a brainer work for you. It can help you in the cleaning of the body wholly. And can energize you by rejuvenating the body tissues from within. So, have this treatment now by consulting with an Ayurvedic doctor near you.
Therefore, this is all about this topic.